Short Break: Passau – Linz – Vienna
On the trail of Empress Sisi
The „little river cruise for everyone“ upon the Danube
Day 1, Friday: Passau – Bavarian/Austrian Danube Valley – Linz
Our crew welcomes you on board with a drink. Then we hoist anchor, and the ship sets off toward today’s destination, Linz. You take the ship travelling from 9:00 a.m. to 2:10 p.m. At lunchtime, our galley crew pampers your palate with a 3-course-menu. The boat passes Engelszell Abbey at a leisurely speed and continues through the practically unspoiled Upper Danube Valley, with its unparalleled spectacle of nature – the Schloegen River Bend. Overnight stay in Linz.
Day 2, Saturday: Linz – Wachau – Vienna
The boat departs at 9 a.m. in Linz, starting a remarkably diverse scenic leg of the journey. It leads through the legendary Struden- and Nibelungengau to the Wachau. Enjoy unique views of the countless sights such as the Melk Abbey and the idyllic Wachau vineyards. At lunchtime we serve you on board a delicious 3-course menu. At approx. 4:20 p.m. you land in Krems, where a comfortable coach awaits you and brings you directly to your 4-star hotel in Vienna. You reach the Austrian capital at 6:30 p.m., so you have plenty of time to explore the Viennese nightlife.
Day 3, Sunday: The imperial Vienna
After a hearty breakfast in the hotel you now have the opportunity to explore Vienna on your own. Famous landmarks such as Belvedere Palace, Schönbrunn Palace, Vienna Prater or St. Stephen’s Cathedral await you. For the journey home to Linz you can take the train, the departure time you can choose on the spot: the trains to Linz drive at least every 2 hours according to ÖBB schedule, travel time of your choice.
DETAILS TO THE SHORTBREAK:
Passau – Linz – Vienna
Our package includes the following services:
- cruise Passau – Linz – Krems
- bus transfer Krems – Vienna (hotel)
- 1 overnight stay with breakfast in Linz in superior hotel in Linz
- 1 overnight stay with breakfast in Vienna in superior hotel in Linz
- welcome drink and 3-course-menu on board on Friday
- 3-course-menu on board on Saturday
- return trip Vienna – Passau by train ( ÖBB schedule)
Prices in 2024:
€ 379,– per person in double room
€ 50,– single room surcharge in Passau/Linz | € 60,– single room surcharge in in Wien
€ 79,– additional overnight per person in a double room in Passau/Linz | € 89,– additional overnight per person in a double room in Wien
Dates in 2024:
Every Friday from July 26th until August 30th in 2024
- cruise Passau – Linz (Friday): 09:00 a.m. to 2:10 p.m.
- cruise Linz – Krems (Saturday): 09:00 a.m. to 4:20 p.m. –> bus transfer to Vienna, departure in Wien at about 8:30 p.m.
- train return (Sunday): free upon schedule ÖBB, trains are leaving almost every two hours (daily)
- departure Passau: dock 11 (at bus parking), Fritz-Schäffer-Promenade
- departure Linz: Danube Park at art museum Lentos
- cruise Passau – Linz (day 1): welcome drink & 3-course-menu
- cruise Linz – Krems (day 2): 3-course-menu
- both overnight stays at the hotels have breakfast included